Learning Targets for the week will include:
1) I can write for a range of time and tasks.
2) I can spell correctly.
3) I can use vocabulary appropriate to sixth grade topics.
4) I can use resources to determine the meaning a word or phrase has
that's important for comprehension and/or expression.
5) I can produce clear, coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style
are appropriate for sixth grade tasks, purposes, and audiences.Activities for the week will include:
Activities for the week will include:
1) A test on the selection "Dragon, Dragon"
2) Completion of the selection "The Truth about Dragons"
3) Expository Writing ("How To" Paper) ~ Students will write a paper explaining how to
complete a process, or make an item. The focus will be on the use of transition words
and sequential writing.
4) Students will continue to read their NONFICTION library book and complete a
Nonfiction Reading Guide which is due Wed. Oct. 2.
5) I will continue to read during the last 10 min. of class from the novel
The Summer of the Swans, while discussing literary elements and writing techniques.