Learning Targets for the week will include:
1) I can explain how a particular chapter/scene fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to
the development of the theme, setting, or plot.
2) I can determine the main idea of a text and explain how it is supported by key details.
3) I can summarize informational text while leaving out my personal opinion.
4) I can analyze how a sentence/chapter fits into the structure of a text and contributes to the
development of the ideas.
Activities for the week will include:
3) Continuing the novels Holes, while continuing vocabulary acquisition and development, predicting
and confirming, and continued work on Learning Target #1 above.
4) Reading related nonfiction articles, with follow-up writing centered around Learning Targets #2-4.
5) On Wednesday, all Language Arts classes will have their first Class Meeting with their