Learning Targets for the week will include:
1) I can write for a range of time and tasks.
2) I can determine the main idea of informational text and explain
how it is supported by key details.
3) I can summarize informational text while leaving out my personal opinion.
4) I can describe how a story's plot unfolds using a series of episodes.
5) I can determine the author's point of view and explain how it is conveyed through the text.
Activities for the week will include:
3) Continuation of the novel Holes
, with work on vocabulary acquisition/development,
predicting/confirming, determining literary elements, and summarizing text.
4) Students will also be reading NONFICTION text that is related to the novel, and
doing follow-up writing.
5) During the last 10 minutes of class I will continue to read aloud the novel
Summer of the Swans