At Madison Middle School we believe that Health instruction plays a vital role in preventing health problems and improving the quality of life and total well-being. Our primary focus is to motivate all students to take an active role in maintaining and improving their mental-emotional, family-social and physical health.
This philosophy of health instruction as a crucial and positive aspect of a comprehensive school health program supports the following goals:
- The program will emphasize that health is a right and a responsibility of every individual and community.
- The program will promote the principals of safe living and disease prevention to avoide health problems.
- The program will develop knowledge and skills necessary for mental, social and physical well-being.
- The program will promote the positive impacts that the individual, the family and the community can have on environmental health.
- The program will increase student knowledge related to the structure of the human body and patterns of health growth and development.
- The program will be developmentally sound and sequential.
Some topics covered; Skeletal system, Muscular system, Reproductive system. Eyes, Ears, Skin, Tobacco, Alchol, and drug use.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Thank you.